Ceramic braces are a great orthodontic option available at Sphinx Orthodontics in Edmonton, AB, to realize your dream smile, and improve your oral function and health.
They are more comfortable, look better than metal, and work better than aligners.
Ceramic braces are made of transparent tooth-colored material. Even the wires are transparent, or tooth-colored. This makes your braces less noticeable. And, they are a popular choice for adults and teens.
The benefits of ceramic braces
The benefits of clear ceramic braces include:
- They are more discreet and blend with your teeth
- They come in different shades that can be matched to your tooth color
- They are strong, resilient and non-porous like metal
- They are cemented on your teeth and easily removed at the end of treatment without damaging your teeth
- They are less irritating than metal and more comfortable
- They can treat a wide range of problems from mild to more complex cases than Invisalign
Ceramic braces function just like metal braces and are applied the same way. Regular adjustments are required to achieve desired results. However, because they are less noticeable, you will feel less self-conscious and more confident in your appearance while under treatment.
The disadvantages of ceramic braces:
- Ceramic braces are less durable than metal, meaning that this may not be a good option for patients who play contact sports.
- Because ceramic braces are less durable than metal, it may take longer to achieve desired results.
- The most challenging issue is keeping them clean because they can stain. There is tooth-colored wire that will blend with your braces. The actual brackets may not stain but the wires can stain. Your Sphinx orthodontist will provide instructions on how to avoid and remove any stains. Importantly, keeping your ceramic braces and teeth clean will maintain their discreet appearance.
- Ceramic braces are often less expensive than Invisalign, and slightly more expensive than metal. But if you want less noticeable, clear braces, they are worth the money and extra care required.
Your Sphinx orthodontist is your partner. They will provide their expertise, a treatment plan and appliances to straighten your teeth and align your jaw. You commit to following your orthodontist’s instructions to keep your teeth clean and keep your appointments to ensure your progress.
Contact Sphinx Orthodontics in Edmonton, AB to learn about all your treatment options and the best choice for your specific needs and goals.